Sunday, February 05, 2006

Andiamo a Torino!

(Written on plane and posted later)
Good god. The day has finally arrived. After months of planning, days of packing, and one ill advised night out, today I will finally leave for 3 weeks of work in Turin, Italy (Torino!).

I feel ready, not because I feel completely prepared but because I just can't think about it anymore. I have a bunch of new toys, a Digital Camera and an Ipod, with which to document and enjoy my trip.

We start out with an 11 hour flight from Los Angeles to Paris, then connect for another flight into Turin. Not entirely thrilled about that much air travel, but its better than the alternative routing which would have us leaving LA at 8 am and connecting though New York, then London or Milan to Turin. One connection is more than enough.

We all got together at the airport lounge for some R&R, and already we are seeing famous people. The one, the only, Archbishop Don "Magic" Juan, retired pimp!. He was pretty fetching in his fur coat and fabulous bling. Apparently he was on his way to Detriot to hook up with Snoop and the gang.

Check out Jed and Mary with the "Don".


Our trusty steed, the Air France Boeing 777-200ER.
Air France would not normally be my choice as I am boycotting them because of their role in getting Airbus to pull the Concorde (Don't get me started).. However the 777 is a very nice plane and we do get those little screens to keep us from going bonkers during our flight. As our departure time approached the fog got thicker and thicker....sheesh.

Christian does not look happy guarding our luggage...

Well we are off! Despite the fact that Donald Miralle did not make it (cancelled feeder flight=missed connection) our team is on its way! Andiamo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home