Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Settling in, or how I flooded my Apt.

Ah Torino....doesn't have the same ring as Ah Venice, but seems all in all like a nice place.

Media Village Verolengo is located about 10 km and 1/2 an hour by bus from where we work, the MPC (Main Press Center) complex, which is in downtown Torino. We are bussed by special Olympic busses from Verolengo every day; all the bus lanes have been converted into Olympic lanes, so the regular busses use them also. Check out Verolengo:


On the left is the restaurant and general reception area (we call this the Ranch) and on the right is a grocery/hardware store. Most excellent for getting those things you forgot or will run out of.

Here's my building (actually the one next to mine but mine's the same):


I know it looks like a prison but it's actually quite nice inside, very clean, very modern.
Here's my room:


Moments after I took this picture the apt. flooded
I know the bed is not made, but it's quite serviceable. The bathroom however is another story. For whatever reason this is a handicapped suite, so the floor of both the shower and the bathroom is completely flat. So I took a shower, expecting some miracle of invisible Italian engineering to protect my floor and keep the water inside. Instead what happened was a complete flood of most of the apt. My company jacket: soaked. My socks and pants that I had worn the previous day: soaked. I eventually solved the problem by determining that it was necessary to use as little water as possible. Turn on, get wet, off. Turn on, rinse off, done.

Makes for a very quick shower.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home