Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Down In It.....

The Olympics are coming! The Olympics are coming!

Yes they are. Turin is still getting ready for it, as are we. Today was spent mostly prepping, setting up. When so many people from different offices come together getting all their systems to work in unison is a challenging, tedious task, but I think we've knocked most of that out today. Our field tech Jono and Travis are busy setting up the stations that we will be using to work at the venues, while I'm manning the store around here.

We are already covering some practices and some non-athletic related events, so we're already sending out pictures.

One of our work areas



Laura, our Italian agent and Giuseppe, one of our photographers, conver with another collegue.


Another editor work area with lockers
Our office is inside the MPC, or Media Photo Center. We are grouped with other print outlets; all the TV outlets are in another area. The media presence here is incredible: I read once that for every athlete that attends the summer games 3 journalists attend, here I would suspect that number is much higher.

There are more people here than yesterday, and as the Opening Ceremonies approach I'm sure that even more will filter in. I still haven't seen any of the venues yet, there is one ice venue that is close to us so maybe I'll get to sneak out and see it. The snow events are about 3 hours away in Siestre...my friend Christian has a picture of the view outside his hotel room in his blog here:http://christiansphotoblog.blogspot.com. I can see a construction zone out my window.

I think we will be ready; I wish somebody would go buy some coffee cups, Simone and I have a real hankering for some tea every once in a while and we have a kettle and some water but no cups...perhaps we'll make a trip to the store back at the ranch and buy some.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home