Saturday, February 11, 2006

Day 1


Entrance to the Olympic Village, across from Lingotto

Well last night was the opening ceremony. Looked pretty much the same to me as it did to all you all....except I was watching the olympic feed in the press center. That means same images, but no narration at all....mostly good except for the fact that I didn't know who any of these people were. If you download the press guide from here you can see how those TV types seem so smart (who knew Sophia Loren was a UN ambassador?).
Last night I got this admittedly rather blurry shot of the olympic flame.
The stadium isn't that far from the press center.



Pierce and Simone working during the Opening Ceremony

This morning (yes the olympics is a 16 day straight operation) i saw this nice view of the mountains on my way to breakfast.


Mountains from the village


More soon i hope.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mint Mogul said...

I really liked the pictures. Don't forget to post pictures of food, drink, and chocolate. And two-man luge, of course.

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home